Friday, July 31, 2009

Registration Complete!

This mornings registration went well, ULTRAman means ULTRA goodie bag.  For those of you who know me well, you know that I love presents!  This morning was like Christmas, we got a backpack, Hammer nutrition products, a first aid kit, T- Shirts, coffee mug, goggles, etc...

After registration we had a mandatory meeting where all athletes were called up to the stage, which I thought was particularly cool, because in Ironman it took me placing  to get on stage.

 There are some truly amazing athletes here that I will have the privilege to race with, including Jason Lester who just won the ESPY (ESPN) award for an athlete with a disability.  Pretty amazing since he was going up against 3 olympic gold medalists.

Tomorrow will begin at 7:00, but they bumped up days 2 and 3 to a 6:00 am start because of the high heat.  

Thats all from me, the next post will be from Rob.

Time for a nap :)  BB

No comments:

Post a Comment