Sunday, April 26, 2009

“The best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up”-Paul Valery

Hi!

I’m feeling rested from this past recovery week.  I still had 2-a-days every day but the volume was lower.  The trickiest part was not eating like a pig,which I have so enjoyed doing on my regular training weeks.  One of the best parts of training for Ultraman is for sure, being able to eat a lot and not gain any weight.  In my not training for an Ultraman life, I may eat 2 or 3 pieces of pizza for dinner, now I eat about 4, a whole salad and a bowl of cereal.  Then more food just before bed, and if I don’t do that, I wake up around 2 finding myself eating more cereal or a sandwich.  We have gotten pretty good about keeping the house stocked with healthy food and we try to eat in as much as possible.  This is good for 2 reasons, we know exactly what we’re eating and the biggy- with the volume of food I’m eating these days, its like taking a 3rd person out to dinner. 

Now for the training,


Swim- I swam 3 times this week totaling 9,000 yards,  All 3 swims were easy with some speed but only in shorter intervals.


Bike- I rode 3 times once on the rollers and 2X’s on the road.  My longest ride was today, 3 hours.  Sine it was a short ride, we threw in some killer climbs.  I usually try to bike on saturday and run on sunday but the weather sometimes dictates otherwise.


Run- I ran 3 times this week, 2 X’s on the road and once on the trails.  My trail run was only 90 minutes long, after my 2:30+ runs, 90 minutes felt like nothing.  It was a really great feeling to run on non-tired legs, I actually felt faster than usual and I almost ran Cadie over a few times because she’s not used to me being so close behind.


Strength- I had 2 strength training sessions but only one set of reps per exercise instead of my usual 3.  I have 2 additional core strengthening days now, so I do core work 4 days a week.


I’m very excited about this next week, I actually have one 3-a-day and for the weekend I’m scheduled for a 6 hour bike ride and a 3 hour run!  Can’t wait!!


Time for some snacks :) Have a great week, and thanks for reading.


Beth

1 comment:

  1. That's an awesome statement about the kickball... Do you think we all have a niche, and it just takes some folks longer to realize theirs than others? Or do we find something we like, and grind out our niche, if it was there "naturally" or not?

    ReplyDelete