Sunday, May 17, 2009

2 1/2 Months and Counting!!!

Wow, I'm down to 2 1/2 months!!

Even though it was a recovery week, I still managed to find a few adventures. We had our friend John from upstate NY staying with us and as luck would have it, he is currently training for an ironman. As John’s arrival became upon us, Rob was almost giddy with the idea of someone taking over some of the ultraman training load.

We also spent some time in the mountains for work and of course I brought my bike. I tryed to stick to my “recovery workouts” and for the most part I did. I slipped once, but who wouldn’t ride up a mountain pass if given the chance?

Anyway, it was a pretty light week.

Swim: swam 3 times. No big distances, just enough yardage to keep my current level of fitness.

Bike: I road 4 times, all on the road. For the most part they were under 2 hour rides with the exception of 1 (or 2), that may have been around 75 miles that I just had to do given my location.

Run: I ran 3 times, and totally stuck to my workout schedule. It felt good to only run an hour today as apposed to my usual 2:45-3:00 hour Sunday runs.

Strength: I had 2 days of strength training and an additional 2 days of core.

Next week I am off to Germany again. The first 3 days of the week will be very high volume, then it’s down to running and a hotel stationary bike for Thurs-Tues. I will get some great running in over there and I’ll hit it hard on the bike and in the water when I get home.

Well, I can officially say it’s the middle of May that means only 2 months left of Ultraman training. If I think about it too much I get nervous so my focus right now is just staying healthy and getting my workouts in. These past 4 ½ months have been quite the adventure, I look forward to what the next 2 have in store.

Until next week, Guten Tag! And as always, thanks for reading!

Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment